WWQP Bulletin Board

Saturday, May 19, 2007

My first quilting experience

Hi, I started sewing as soon as I could reach the sewing machine. Made all my own clothes, my mother even had an electric machine. When I took Home Ec. in school all they had were treadle machines. when I was married my DH asked me what I wanted and a sewing machine was top priority on my list. Had children and made all their clothes, still make an outfit here and there if one of them wants something. made a gown for my daughter last yr and she is 45yrs old. I made my first quilt in the early eighties, cardboard template drawn with a pencil, made the attic window cause it only had three pieces to it. Little did I know about mitered corners. Then I hand quilted it. The points do not match, cotton/polyester fabric and have no idea what I used for batting. It was queen size. My hand quilting got better and better as I worked on that quilt. Still have it. After that I was off and running. Then retired in 1992 from nursing and my sister (who never sewed a stitch in her life) suggested we open a quilt shop. Hurrah, I really went full speed ahead and am addicted as no one should be. Most of my quilts go to the longarm now. I have made baby quilts, charity quilts, wedding quilts and etc. Taught a lot of classes. Closed the shop in 2004 but still have people come and ask me to sew for them. I do a lot of gifty things now. Tablerunners, wallhangings etc. Marge in Pa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home