WWQP Bulletin Board

Saturday, May 19, 2007

When did I start quilting?

I'm one of those who sewed my own clothes when I was a teen. I always wanted to do more creative things. About 20 years ago I cut up some squares, sewed them together. Used an old blanket, wool, for the batting. This was in West Palm Beach, so we didn't need a wool quilt! Too hot. We sweat every time it was over us. I think the squares were poly.
After that I used two sheets and sewed them together with something.
Later there was a quilt shop that opened and I took one class before moving to No. Fla. When I moved here I quit working full time so had more time to "play". When I first moved here there was only one quilt store in town, now there 5 close by and one in St. Augustine. I continue to take classes, as I enjoy the friendship, and learning new things.
Baby quilts out the ears, charity quilts, quilts for the grandsons, now "big boy" quilts to replace the baby ones. Quilows, purses, now on to wall hangings and artsy things. After 20 years I did one more quilt for our bed this past Christmas, and it looks so good. Regular cotton batting, m.q. and m. binding. The squares even match up.
Sara in Fla.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home