WWQP Bulletin Board

Thursday, May 17, 2007

The WWQP BB is soooooooo QUIET these days!!


It's been months since I've sewn a quilt block. Today I made two...I've placed them atop a quilt made with the same pattern so you can see the setting blocks and how well it goes together. The block is a shoo-fly but I've changed the colorway from two to three....saw an antique quilt on eBay made with the three fabrics and liked it.
Why all of a sudden do I begin sewing again? The simple truth is that I found a vintage Singer 301 at a local thrift shop for $10. Brought it home. Today I oiled and cleaned it. Then dug into my basket of shirts (yep, I love shirt quilts). I like to check yard sales and Goodwill for name-brand shirts and blouses that have quality 100 percent cotton fabrics. I like near-new shirts as the fabric is not old, over-washed, and rotten. If the collar and cuffs are good and there is no fading and the armpits smell fresh, I figure this is gooooooood quilting fabric. I avoid the looser weaves although if someone is into homespuns, the looser weaves would work nicely.
I'm not sure I'll ever get back to my quilting frenzy days but at least I'm starting to come out of the quilt doldrums. LOL
The next question in my mind is this...will I ever get out of my shirt-quilt phase and again begin using some of huge stash of quilt shop fabrics???
JudyPete

2 Comments:

  • At May 18, 2007 at 8:53 AM , Blogger QM Judy said...

    Why get out of your shirt-quilt phase? Seems to me that you've found YOUR THING and ought to just revel in it. I love the two new blocks and look forward to seeing more.

     
  • At May 19, 2007 at 4:20 AM , Blogger Lavinia said...

    Lookin' good! Amazing how different colors change the look of the blocks. Hugs. Lavinia

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home