WWQP Bulletin Board

Friday, March 9, 2007

Posting pictures

One of the charming (read: frustrating) things about blogger is that if you type some text, then add a picture, the code for the uploaded picture will come in to your post at the BEGINNING of the post, not at the point you stopped typing. So...if I went and added a picture to this post after this paragraph, the code would actually come in to the post before the first sentence - if you don't know that's where it went, it may seem as if it didn't go anywhere. Using the "preview" button will show that the picture is there, just at the start of the post.

That doesn't explain the pics that simply won't upload, though. I haven't had that issue yet.

Hoping this will be a quilty weekend. I have some unsewing to do on a New Trip Around the World quilt; I started quilting a feather pattern, and don't much like it. To get the thing done, I'll just do a diamond grid in the ditch, using the color changes as reference points. This is the poly-cotton quilt from...well, let's just say it's somewhere that you don't need quilts to stay warm! It is an authentic 1930's era die-cut quilt kit (you used to see the ads for the Lone Star kits in old quilt magazines). At this point, I just want it done.

Diane in dirty-grey snow covered southern Wisconsin

3 Comments:

  • At March 9, 2007 at 9:49 AM , Blogger quilter522 said...

    Please post a picture when your 30's kit-quilt is done. Would like to see it! Thanks, Quilter522 (Harriet)

     
  • At March 9, 2007 at 10:11 AM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    Diane, I don't mean to quibble, but I'm pretty sure they didn't have poly-cotton fabric back in the 1930's. Do you mean it is a reproduction of an old die-cut quilt kit? Sure don't envy you the job of unstitching .... been there and done that and the only way I get through it is with a comfy chair, a good footstool, bright lighting and music of my own choice. (Someone to serve me chocolate every 15 minutes is a good idea, too. LOL)

    Judy

     
  • At March 12, 2007 at 9:22 AM , Blogger Diane said...

    Judy - I didn't do a burn test, but the fabric feels "off" to me, as if it's not all cotton. I seemed to be allergic to something - lots of sneezing while piecing. Could they have treated the cotton with something? It came in the original box, 0.11 cents postage, and an unreadable postmark, and I'm 99% sure it's authentic. I'll post a pic when it's done (I like the idea of having someone bring me chocolate while I'm unsewing!)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home