WWQP Bulletin Board

Thursday, March 8, 2007

Greetings from the Sunshine State

Well, it's too late to say good morning. Yesterday I hardly left the house, but today I've been on the road all day. It seems that March is a busy time in Florida. Right now we are having a lovely Spring. The azaleas are a bit past their peak, but there are still some around.
A neighbor and I drove over to Palatka on Tuesday to visit the State Park, and it was beautiful.
It was a perfect day, sunny, cool air. We managed to find a cute restaurant on the river and had a great lunch. The festival that we wanted to go to was rained out the previous Saturday, but on Tuesday the sun was beautiful.
Went to downtown today to pick up my "race packet" for the 15K on Saturday morning. Hopefully it won't be hot early, as they are expecting about 17,000 racers and walkers. This may be my last year, as the hip is giving me problems with the long distance. I can walk 3 miles OK, but long walks are hard on the muscles.
In case anyone asks, I haven't yet signed onto the other chat page, so will have to quickly think of something quilty.
Wish I'd saved all those race T shirts to make a T shirt quilt with. Used them for painting walls in, etc.
I have calmed down from the last post when I was ga-ga over some fabric. Realized there will be other fabrics out there, and I should just make 2 lap quilts for charity and get over it.
Next Thursday there is a group of quilters that meet for a "Fiber Arts" group, that I think I'll drop in on. One lady in my guild is the unofficial head of it. Maybe can get some ideas, and share some.
OK, I haven't done any thing serious in the house today, so will get to it.
Sara in the sunny south.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home