WWQP Bulletin Board

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Featherweights

Jane, most Featherweights were originally black. Toward the end, there were a few tan ones made in Canada, and they usually sell for about twice what a nice black one does. And really toward the end, they made some white ones, which were not as nicely made as the black or tan ones. The ones you see now that are other colors have been stripped and repainted. There's a fellow in a neighboring state who does this for folks, but it's very labor intensive and costs more than $300 to have it done. Singer also made a few free-arm Featherweights. I have one, but never use it. I do use my slightly beat-up regular black one, though, it's great to take to workshops. Judy's machine is a Singer 15-91, a full-size machine, and a real workhorse. We kid that you could sew fenders on a Buick with that bad boy.

Pat in Rockport, TX

1 Comments:

  • At August 10, 2007 at 11:51 AM , Blogger B.lush said...

    Pat, I'm really enjoying your blog!! :) You've inspired me to someday buy my own Swinger and I don't even know how to sew. What can I expect to spend on purchasing and repairing? Any tips or things I should look out for? I'd love some advice.

    Danica Han
    po.etre@gmail.com
    www.blushingpretty.blogspot.com

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home