WWQP Bulletin Board

Thursday, March 22, 2007

"Short End of Life"

Ricky Tims made a comment about why he always stitches at a high rate of speed when he's sitting at his sewing machine ... he claims he is at the "short end of life" and he has so many quilts to get finished. People on The Quilt Show forum were discussing pet peeves and grumbling about how they get annoyed by "racers" in quilt classes who are speed demons and make the table vibrate by gunning their machines. Ricky said that's his style of stitching and explained why. Another quilter said she sews that way at classes as well but then admits that she's also the first to get out her seam ripper.

So, I am here to say that I am not a speedy stitcher. I may be on the short end of life but I'm never in a hurry at the sewing machine probably because I use my sewing time as a time for relaxing. Just wondered how many of the BB crowd consider themselves "racers", people in a hurry because they have so many ideas they want to get out of their heads and onto fabric ...

Judy

1 Comments:

  • At March 22, 2007 at 8:25 AM , Blogger QM Judy said...

    Sheesh. And he's only 50 or so. I've found that when I "race" I usually end up backtracking. But some folks can focus better and can go faster. More power to them!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home