WWQP Bulletin Board

Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Jane Eyre?

Last night I watched PBS Jane Eyre. I set the tape and taped the rest, after I went on to bed.
Evidently I only got about 3/4 of the show. Rats! I know the end from by High School English, the mad wife in the tower gets out and burns down the house. But the part about 3/4 through I don't remember. Jane has left, after not marying the Lord of the manor. She wanders on the moore, is found by someone, and nursed back to health. Then she is teaching in a small country school. Then what?
Inquiring minds want to know. My local library is out of the VCR/DVD, and I've put it on hold, but I need to know if they get back together, die in the fire together, or are lost forever.
Please someone tell me.
The #$%^&!@!! king size quilt binding is still going on. I keep running out of bobin thread. There is a space about 12 inches that the binding is short of covering the fabric, I may have to devise an original label and sew it there.
Feeling sorry for all you snow bound today. It froze here last night, so I'm sure it is freezing everywhere "north".
OK, off for some chicken soup and junk food. The WW has gone by the wayside for a week or so.
Sara in Fla.

4 Comments:

  • At February 6, 2007 at 2:05 PM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    Sara, you can "read all about it" by going to the Wikipedia entry on Jane Eyre at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_Eyre and scrolling down to read the blow-by-blow description of the entire plot. In 25 words or less Jane and Mr. Rochester do get married.

    Judy

     
  • At February 6, 2007 at 7:36 PM , Blogger katyquilt said...

    Let's see, the person who finds her on the moor turns out to be a long lost relative (I think a cousin), who wants her to marry him and be his helper in the missions, she hears a voice calling her name from the moor at about the same time said cousin is attempting his lame proposal.
    She knows she must return to Mr. R, because she believes the voice was his...
    She returns to find the mansion in ashes, finds that Mr. R. barely survived the fire as the stair case collapsed after he tries to save lunatic wife who flings herself from the top of the mansion. SPLAT... He is blinded and forlorn/bitter living with the old cook/housekeeper person. Jane finds him there, she is beside herself with love and they get married. They have a child and he actually gets his eye sight back in the end! Whewwwwww... I have read the book many times!

    The Bronte` sister's must have been bored out of their wits living out in the moors, as their books are full of doom, gloom, despair mixed in with the romance!

    Kathy
    From Alabama

     
  • At February 9, 2007 at 1:20 PM , Blogger Sternenquilter said...

    ooooh, I love that book, that got me going on reading books in English (I am not a native speaker). My all-time favorite, Sara! And yes, they meet again and get married. I think I own ALL the movie adaptations of this wonderful book, and I love them all except the one with George C. Scott which was awful. But Ciaran Hinds or Timothy Dalton - yummy!

    I read Charlotte Brontë's biography last summer, it was very much enlightening why she wrote Jane Eyre and some of her other novels.

    Glad to find other friends of Jane Eyre here. I am also hooked on books by Jane Austen. I read her biography, plus her letters.

     
  • At February 9, 2007 at 1:23 PM , Blogger Sternenquilter said...

    oops, forgot to sign my post:

    Sue in Germany!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home