WWQP Bulletin Board

Monday, February 5, 2007

Imagine this...

A whole day to myself, housework done. DH away fishing and nothing to do but gather bits and pieces for the new quilt... Despair ! The pattern, carefully put away in a large envelope, is not there.... Where ever can it be ? My guess is that someone borrowed it, over 20yrs ago, and that it has never been returned. I've spent the best part of the day looking for it .
The pattern, called Bears 'n Boats, designed by Judy Martin , (copyright 1984 !) and just perfect for my nephew and his wife, both International sailors and ocean racers. They have been married for 7yrs and we had all begun to think that babies were not part of their plans...
Just thought it might be worth posting here to see if any of you have been more careful with the pattern than I was, and would be prepared to part with it, on a permanent or temporary basis.... . I would be eternally grateful and could perhaps send some fabric in exchange ? I am supposing that it is no longer available from the stores...

So ( sigh) I must spend the rest of the day doing less interesting things.. At least it's nice to have sympathetic ears to talk to. A non-quilter would have no idea of the level of my frustration !!

3 Comments:

  • At February 6, 2007 at 12:21 AM , Blogger Terry Williams said...

    I googled Judy Martin, and found her website! www.judymartin.com. There's a "Contact Us" page - you could try using that to send an email, right to the source! Good luck!!

     
  • At February 6, 2007 at 1:02 AM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    There is more than one Judy Martin who is a famous quilter. The first Judy Martin, mentioned by Terry, is from Iowa and is a traditional piecer who has published many books for many years.

    Here's the URL of a Canadian Judy Martin who is more of an art quilter ....

    http://judys-journal.blogspot.com/search/label/Manitoulin%20Island

    Judy

     
  • At February 6, 2007 at 1:21 AM , Blogger Jean at Mill Bay said...

    Is this a pattern of a teddy bear dressed up in a sailor suit? I did not take a picture and I returned the pattern to my friend, but if that sounds like the one, then I can borrow the pattern again. I used the bear in the centre and surrounded him with 6 inch sailboat blocks, done in scrappy soft blues on scrappy cream backgrounds. I really liked how it turned out and my grandson kisses the bear good night every night...

    Jean at Mill Bay

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home