WWQP Bulletin Board

Tuesday, February 6, 2007

If It's Good Enough For Harriet and Julie ..

After reading that Presencia thread was endorsed by Harriet Hargrave I went to www.quiltshops.com search site and looked for an online quilt shop that carried it. Aha! Bighorn Quilts, one of my favorite online shops was one of the few sites where I could purchase this thread. Here's what Julie Owens, the owner of Bighorn Quilts, posted on her website: "Presencia Thread - Large Spool Three ply, size 50 thread in a large 500 meter spool. This thread is absolutely lintless! 100% cotton, and you will find that the only lint you have to rake out of your machine is from the fabric!"

Well, now, if famous Harriet endorses it and Julie claims it is absolutely lintless then I am willing to pay $5.00 a spool for a couple of spools of neutral colored thread. This should piece quite a few quilts for me. At my age I indulge in the luxury of two spools of everything, one for the bobbin spindle and one for the needle. That way I don't have to rethread the needle unless I change thread color or the needle itself.

Judy

2 Comments:

  • At February 7, 2007 at 4:08 AM , Blogger Lavinia said...

    Judy, have you tried the Bottom Line thread for the bobbin yet? People on the Janome group keep raving about it, just wondered about it. Lavinia-TN

     
  • At February 7, 2007 at 3:44 PM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    Lavinia, my vintage Singer seems to prefer having the same thread in the bobbin and the needle. I think that the Bottom Line could be wonderful but I have not tried to use it on my old machine. I've read it was engineered for machine embroidery and it is a much much thinner thread (perhaps polyester) so you can load a lot more of it on the bobbin and don't have to refill the bobbin as often. Also using Bottom Line prevents a bulky mess under areas that are heavy with machine embroidery. So, I've read about it but decided it is not something I want to use for my ho-hum ordinary piecing.

    Judy

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home