WWQP Bulletin Board

Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Thread information

Celia, I haven't tried these threads but am getting ready to. They seem a little pricey, but there is a lot of thread on the spools. If you go to www.superiorthreads.com and click on Education, it has about anything you ever wanted to know about types of thread, etc. I am still using up all my Coats & Clark, which does make a good bit of lint, tried the Mettler silk finish and it sluffed off worse both on my Pfaff when I had it and with the current Janome 6600. At the moment using Gutermann, which isn't so bad so far. When I run out will switch over and by that time someone will have invented something else. My understanding is, it has to do with long staple cotton and the way it is made (probly an understatement). As Judy says, try it with your machine and see what happens. Or, instead of buying it, see if a friend has some you can try out briefly to see what it does. Have fun! Lavinia-TN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home