WWQP Bulletin Board

Sunday, February 18, 2007

The 90th birthday celebration was very pleasant and here are the daughter and birthday girl, age 90 with the quilt I made for her to snuggle under while reading or napping. This lady is one of the sweetest ladies I've ever met. Never a harsh or negative word escapes her mouth. True to form , though, it was not only not accompanied by a card, nor was it gift wrapped except for a pillow case. I hadn't even quite finished the binding it so took it back and it is here at my house.

SANDI I would like to add my congratulations on the publication of that nifty pattern in F&P this issue. I've already earmarked it for a try in the future once I clear out about fifteen UFOs.

The first two of which will be my DGSs' flannel rag quilts. With luck I will get them done for their birthdays in June. Twins are tough but half as bad as quads I guess. After that there will be the nine patch from hell which I started after I made the boys' baby quilts about thirteen years ago (they will be fourteen in June). Fools rush in etc. .... I thought, "well, now I know what I'm doing so I'll make one for the king sized bed." Sort of like rushing into the second pregnancy after the first baby turned out to be fairly easy. Nine patch looked simple enough and I made 18" blocks so the piecing didn't take too, too long except for the setting triangle mystery as I just had to set the blocks on point. Then I set out to hand quilt it. Well, one thing led to another and I haven't sewn a stitch in it in about six years or more. It's been lying around getting very musty smelling. The primary spaniel from hell, known to some of the old timers on the board, used to make a nest of it as I was lap quilting. When I find the picture Al took of her all curled up at my feet making herself comfortable in it I'll post it. There is lots of dog hair and a few dirty foot prints memorialized thereon. Not only that but I got rid of the king sized bed after Al died. I do have competition in the ancient UFO department as someone in the guild told me she has one that's about 23 years old. At least mine are all cotton. Hers is probably poly blend.

Jane in NC

2 Comments:

  • At February 19, 2007 at 4:06 AM , Blogger Lavinia said...

    Oh Jane, how lovely. And wish I could look that good at 90, LOLOL. Lavinia

     
  • At February 20, 2007 at 12:35 PM , Blogger Jane in NC said...

    Lavinia, she not only looks good, she has her wits about her. Sadly, she is so deaf that hearing aids are no help and she is quite cut off from conversation unless it is shouted. She is also quite frail and walks unsteadily with a cane. Her daughter has her walking around the house ten minutes at a time twice a day and she seems a bit stronger since starting that.

    Jane

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home