WWQP Bulletin Board

Sunday, February 18, 2007

LOL - unknown UFOs

Jean - I had to laugh (in sympathy, I assure you). When digging through my stash to find the quilt for a cure fabric I knew I had, I found a kit I had forgotten about. That wouldn't have been so bad...I also found a pieced quilt top that had slipped my mind. The top was finished at least 13-14 years ago - the fabric was purchased at a Ben Franklin store that went out of business twenty-five years ago. So much for finding matching fabric for the binding, huh?

I do have a (not complete, obviously!) list of UFOs. Quilts for other people are generally finished quickly; the long list of UFOs are things that were for me. Among them are the fall swap blocks and blue/white blocks from secret pals swaps from a number of years ago, and the maple leaf blocks from Rosey's Retreat.

This past summer I finished 5 UFO tops. The plan is to quilt them all by mid-June, so I can finish piecing more over the summer, to quilt in the following winter...and on and on until I catch up.

Yeah, right!

2 Comments:

  • At February 18, 2007 at 11:20 AM , Blogger blocke Oregon said...

    Golly gee, you reminded me about the Maple Leaf blocks, filed neatly away in that pizza box. I think there still might be a Ben Franklin in Eugene, but good luck finding matching fabric. LOL

     
  • At February 18, 2007 at 11:23 AM , Blogger blocke Oregon said...

    Now that I think of it you could post a pic because there is bound to be some matching fabric in one of our stashes. If it is mine, I would be more than happy to send it priority mail...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home