WWQP Bulletin Board

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Do You Remember BBer Bunny Filer???

Bunny Filer was a member of our WWQP BB for a long time and then when we switched to this eBlog format for some reason she was never able to get Eric to accept her emails and was never able to join the group again. Anyhow, Bunny and I have kept in touch because we both participate in Project Linus and she's encouraged me to give Quilts of Valor a try although I've never gotten up the energy to try that group yet.

Anyhow, through the Project Linus group email digest I learned about what Bunny and her husband Joe have been doing for years in the way of charity work. They have a great "system" in that Bunny works upstairs in their home piecing quilt tops and Joe works in the basement of their home quilting her tops on his HQ Fusion machine. How's that for a partnership? :-) Here's a video interview that was done by a central Illinois network.

http://illinoishomepage.net/fulltext?nxd_id=339062

Judy in Ohio

2 Comments:

  • At February 20, 2012 at 1:55 PM , Blogger WhiteStone said...

    Loved the video with Bunny and her hubby. Wow! I'm impressed with not only the sheer numbers of donated quilts but also with the obvious high quality of their quilts. Great fun to see Bunny "in person".

    Bunny was one of the WWQP quilters who participated in swaps of "squishies" to make a Y2K quilt. I have her "siggie" on the back of my Y2KQ. So it was definitely a pleasure seeing this video.

     
  • At February 23, 2012 at 4:05 PM , Blogger Glenda in Florida said...

    I'm another one of those people who never cracked to code to be able to post, but I discovered that I can leave comments. Thanks so much for posting this--I met Bunny and Joe in person about 12 years ago, and she was making quilts for a children's charity way back then too. They live in the little town where my husband grew up,and I've asked my DSIL if she has run across Bunny at Project Linus workshops, but she didn't think so. Next time I'm in Illinois I'll look her up again!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home