WWQP Bulletin Board

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Cleaning Out Season

Must be catching! I've been cleaning out too - getting rid of a lot of old fabric that I know I'll just never use. Giving most of it to charity - there's a women's shelter who will take it here. Also got rid of lots of home-dec leftovers. The new quilt fabrics are so much nicer and prettier and fun to work with. I took a class once where the teacher said you should let your old fabrics play with the new and they'll learn to get along. I have kept some of the old that I think will behave with new friends. I also bought some project boxes - Michael's had the 12x12x3 boxes on sale last week. I used to think they were unnecessary but they really do make for a neater sewing area. I was using big ziplocs but they slide off of each other when they're stacked. Still use them for some sorting, but I'm liking these stacked boxes now. January is usually my month to finish UFO's and get started on some "want to's" instead of "have to's". NancyH

2 Comments:

  • At January 25, 2012 at 4:27 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

    Me too! I just took a class on Cutting the Scraps. How to use all the scraps, and organize them. She said to use the plastic shoe boxes, and she cuts the scraps into 5" and 2" squares. I also used 2 and 1'2" strips. The author of the book (can't think of it right now) said to set a timer for 30 min. and cut, cut, cut. It's OK to pitch some of those little pieces that are too small. If you feel guilty, put them in an old pillow case and take them to the animal shelter for a dog bed.
    My bedroom closet is all torn apart also. I took down the wire "Closet Maid" shelves and cleaned them with Greased Lightning, and hope DH will get them back up tonight in another place where he promised. :) Have 4 Pr. of shoes in plastic shoe boxes, and the rest in a fabric shoe holder that goes over the door back. So tired of getting down on my hands and knees looking for the things!
    Sara in Fla.

     
  • At January 25, 2012 at 5:42 PM , Blogger NancyH said...

    I like the idea of setting the timer for cutting. In fact, I'm going to do that right now!! Nancy

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home