WWQP Bulletin Board

Sunday, September 11, 2011

There are still those of us who check the page every day or so, hoping that someone will post something!!! I used to love the original site. But I, for one, don't always have something quilty to say. Right now, my sewing room is torn up down to the drywall and cement floor because we had to have some foundation work done. The workers came a month later than expected so I have been unable to do anything quilty since before July 4. The work is done but dh has not stepped in to help get my room finished again. Huge Boo Hiss. The room isn't important to him (nor is my quilting) so he's in no hurry. And I've been wanting to start some projects for Christmas.

On a positive note, I have almost all of my new fabric prewashed and ironed, just have one load left. One load to do on that. I got a new washer and dryer and had to learn how to do laundry all over again and haven't tried the fabric. My big board also needs a new covering. So there are all these bumps in the road! I also added borders to a huge quilt that I started several years ago featuring the Vienna Nights fabrics from Moda. I have it marked for a scalloped edge, but haven't been able to sew on the curved lines before having it quilted.

So that's my story. I'm so happy to come and see that someone has posted with comments!!
judy in ar

2 Comments:

  • At September 12, 2011 at 10:06 AM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

    Judy - did you get a FL (front-loading) washer? We did, back in April, and I am still learning the new way of how to do laundry. I'm on the home stretch right now. ;-)

    I really like the FL but the transition has been a journey.
    It seems there was good bit of detergent residue in *everything* from my old TL (top-load) washer, and getting a suds-free final rinse in the FL took ages, even when I used 1/4 of the recommended amount of HE detergent in the FL. I'm finally able to increase the amt. of detergent. And now,,, I'll have the winter clothes to contend with.

     
  • At September 12, 2011 at 9:49 PM , Blogger judy in ar said...

    Yes, it's a FL. I'm used to doing several loads at night after supper. Having loads take an hour minimum to wash drives me crazy. I also don't like not being able to change anything once the cycle starts--like if I think it needs a second rinse to be able to push that button or to cancel a second rinse.

    DH saw me reading the manual and asked if doing laundry was now so complicated I actually had to read the book. Yes. LOL

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home