WWQP Bulletin Board

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Finished the "Spinning Wheels Spatter Drops" Wall Hanging






As long as I am babbling today I might as well show that I have finished the wall hanging that I posted a photo of some time ago. I had quilted this thing in metallic threads and then changed my mind .... metallic threads just sank into the fabric over the wool batting and lost their glitter in such a way that it was pretty pathetic. So I spent a lot of time taking that metallic thread quilting out of this 28" x 28" beastie. (But it is all part of getting older and wiser, isn't it?) I selected a Superior Threads variegated thread called "Joseph's Coat" and had a grand time with that stitching on the black fabric. Each diamond shape got its own color, of course.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home