WWQP Bulletin Board

Monday, September 12, 2011

Jane in NC Says I'm Respectable ... Hah!

Jane in NC made a comment about my collection of wonky stripes fabrics in a previous posting and said I had made the idea of a "wonky quilt" respectable.

Jane, I did not think up that idea all by myself .... blame it on the famous Jean Wells of Sisters, Oregon. Her book with a subtitle of "adventures in art quilting" (which I found at Amazon.com) gets credit for leading me down the path to being a bit daring in my old age.

http://www.amazon.com/Intuitive-Color-Design-Adventures-Quilting/dp/1571207856/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1315859961&sr=1-1

If you click on that link and read about that book there will be references to other books as well. If you have a ton of scraps it is fun to play with "abnormal" piecing, piecing that is "outside the lines" so to speak because this is fabric that has been just sitting around getting well aged and dusty. It is not as if you have invested in new fabric and are afraid of hurting it .... it's old fabric so go ahead and try something a bit frivolous or silly.

If you don't like it, toss it.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Faint heart never filled a flush. (Bret Maverick's pappy said that.)

Judy in Ohio who dares everyone to try something wonky before they kick the bucket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home