WWQP Bulletin Board

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Do People Use the Yahoo Board?

Since none of the old WWQP members are posting messages about their quilting on this Google Bulletin Board any more I am wondering if they are talking about their quilts on the Yahoo board that was formed when the old WWQP was going down in spamming flames? Is that board active and lively or has it fizzled out like this board? Yahoo boards are convenient (I belong to three different ones) with their email digests.

I see that the BB Chat is going strong but apparently the Chatters are not going to tell us about any quilts they are making. :-)

I've been sewing on Christmas gifts ... tote bags, "snap bags" and tree ornaments. Plus I have been repairing several vintage quilt tops I bought at an antique mall. The vintage tops will be used for longarm practice this winter when the snow is deep and I want to play in the basement with my new HQ Avante.

5 Comments:

  • At August 12, 2010 at 3:48 PM , Blogger judy in ar said...

    I don't know anything about a yahoo board and I belong to several yahoo groups. But I have been wondering why nobody's posting here. I keep checking but nothing new.

    I finally found a quilter willing to quilt some circles onto the disappearing nine patch I made a few years ago. Sent it off yesterday, so that quilt will be finished soon. YAY

    Next up some dinosaur theme baby quilts for first grandbaby due in March. Mama says she doesn't care what color, just so it's dinosaurs. I told her I hope it's not a girl cuz I can't get my head around pink dinos.

     
  • At August 14, 2010 at 12:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I haven't been here in ages myself. I think this may be a bit too much work to post or read comments here. I'll star back up though.
    Janell in SE Wisconsin

     
  • At August 14, 2010 at 12:34 PM , Blogger Janell said...

    I haven't been here in ages myself. Let's just start using it again, too much knowledge to go to waste!
    Janell in SE Wisconsin

     
  • At August 15, 2010 at 6:43 PM , Anonymous Harlene said...

    Judy, I have followed the wwqp bb forever it seems, but have been away for a long time, never posted much, I was the shopper who first found your machinginers The gloves for machine quilting...don't think I spelled it right....been a long time. Over the last 3 years, I became a widow, selling my house in Ohio, moved to Fl. met a wonderful man, and am now buying a house here, it will have a sewing room overlooking the pool. I am anxious to get back to my quilting life. I have wanted one of my family members to become interested in quilting and finally my granddaughter ( adult) is all of a sudden excited about becoming a quilter. I gave her my 301 and cabinet.
    I have associated you with WWQP. Keep posting and I will try to return more often and post occasionally. You may even see posts from my granddaughter, since I will pass this blog site on to her. Harlene

     
  • At October 5, 2010 at 12:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I have not visited the QQWP bulletin board in several years. Seems there is not as much as activity as before. I am looking for area that allowed us to advertise things for sale. Is this still available. I have hoops, frames, and several books that need good homes.

    Vicky

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home