WWQP Bulletin Board

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Transplant from the Chat Board

Judy, if I can learn my way around a blog, anyone can. I am so electronically/machine challenged that I just look at your machine quilter thingy and think...holy cow, how can people do such wonderful things on those machines. If you go back to hand quilting, you'll still find your fingers and your right shoulder, if you're right-handed, wearing out. Getting old, we are.

But I think we're lucky just to have a forum such as this ("Eric forced all of us to become "bloggers" to get away from the horrid flood of spam that overtook our dear old BB format and some of the tricks of being a blogger are bothersome to deal with") and I appreciate the effort involved even though I wasn't familiar with the term, blog and Facebook and Twitter seem to me, just as this blogging does to you, bothersome to deal with and for a quilter who likes to quilt instead of sitting in front of a computer screen, both those things seem a waste of time to me...but a lot of people like them. The old board was fun but the spammers caught up with us with everything from soup to nuts, including the latest sex tools...thank heavens for this new format. Thank you, Eric.

I've chosen an easy to remember password and emailed it to myself in a folder under 'quilts'. Yes, sometimes I have to go back and put my password in but it just takes seconds.

I'm a transplant from the Chat Board, although I do 'know' Judy in Ohio who has gliders flying over top of her house sometimes...or she did. Hello, Judy.

RoseyP

2 Comments:

  • At June 30, 2010 at 7:36 PM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    Yes, Rosey, the gliders still soar high over my house and I think of your Jock as I watch the tow plane let them loose virtually over my garden. Marion is still flat with good thermals but not as many gliders up there ... a sign of the economy, I guess.

    I never was a hand quilter, though as my bum thumb prevented that. I have not done anything "wonderful" yet with Lucy as I have not mastered this racy girl .. she wants to be a speed demon. One thing I will never do is over quilt or quilt a quilt to death like many 21st century machine quilters tend to do. I promise you that. :-)

    Judy

     
  • At July 1, 2010 at 5:00 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

    Hi Judy,
    Gliding is Jock's life and I often go out to the glider club just to watch them take off. I guess for you it's old hat now but it does provide some interesting entertainment as long as the noise from the tow planes don't drive you crazy after awhile. Jock is also towing as well so is involved in all aspects of the club now whereas before he would take off and be gone for the day. I think it's more fun this way.

    I'm so glad you don't overquilt. Machine quilting just boggles my mind with the beautiful work people do but the one thing I don't like is when it is overquilted. I'm still a traditionalist at heart.

    Great to connect with you,
    Rosey in Canada

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home