WWQP Bulletin Board

Friday, October 30, 2009

Trying Very Hard to Sew

Jane, I'm quilting again, too. Slowwwwly hand-quilting a quilt I began two years ago. Got interrupted with chemo! Yikes! The quilt is almost ready for binding. Anyway, that is not what I was going to write.

What I was going to say is that this morning I needed a spool of black thread. Enough thread to hem a full skirt. I was certain I had a spool somewhere but couldn't find it. Found a bobbin already wound. But no spool. I looked in all my sewing machine drawers (I have more than one vintage machine) and even in the drawers of my Singer Treadle. Nada.

I fear to tell you how much time I wasted, dithering here and there, investigating the contents of a large wooden sewing box, dillying in the treadle drawers admiring the attachments, putting back a spool of buttonhole thread that simple wouldn't fit the bill. Once I begin to dither I do it well. And here I am, in front of the computer, dithering again!

Finally....as I looked around one more time I spotted the one and only spool of black thread in the house...right in plain sight...on my cutting table.

Too bad hubby is not home or I'd have someone to blame.

JudyPete

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home