WWQP Bulletin Board

Sunday, September 27, 2009

new quilt book?

Hi, it's good to see posts from people other that the "regulars" here.
Book question--
I'm racking my poor brain for the title to the latest quilt book from Nancy Smith and Lynda Mulligan. Something like fusible quick quilts. It has an abstract tree on the front cover.
I want to ask DH to buy it for me for my Birthday next month. I need more info than I have to give to him.

Lots of looking at the local quilt show this past weekend. OH, my there was lots of hours spent in lots of diferent directions. Traditional, hand, machine, kids quilts, etc.

Thanks for any help.
Sara in Fla.

6 Comments:

  • At September 27, 2009 at 8:33 PM , Blogger Vicki in SW PA said...

    Did you try putting the authors names at Amazon? They usually have a photo to go with the books. Hope this helps

     
  • At September 27, 2009 at 9:29 PM , Blogger Kathi in Idaho said...

    Are you sure you have the right authors? I checked their website and didn't find anything that sounded like that, even in the section with the "new" things.

    Kathi

     
  • At September 27, 2009 at 9:54 PM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    Sara, I checked Amazon's listings for Lynda Milligan and Nancy Smith and there is no book with an abstract tree on the cover ...

    And I tried the subject of fused quilts and couldn't come up with anything either.

    Judy in Ohio

     
  • At September 28, 2009 at 10:21 AM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

    OK I found it! The title is "Applique outside the lines" and it's by Becky Goldsmith and Linda Jenkins, Piece O cake designs.
    I sorta had the "Smith" and Applique right.
    Found it by clicking on to Connecting Threads web site and putting in Applique book.
    Thanks!
    Sara

     
  • At October 1, 2009 at 9:21 AM , Blogger Jill from Portland said...

    Sara, A piece'o cake book will not
    be fusible. Just thought you'd like
    to know.
    Have been considering the book but
    recently have bought too many books!
    Maybe we should begin a thread on our fav books?

     
  • At October 1, 2009 at 9:35 PM , Blogger jdb in AZ said...

    Are the piece o cake people allergic to fusibles? I have one of their books which I bought for the pattern, not the hand-applique and fused it because it was simpler than the method they recommended. I also did my own thing on the construction instructions. The quilt turned out great -- even won a ribbon at our state quilt guild show.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home