WWQP Bulletin Board

Monday, October 12, 2009

QUILT SHOW

Heads up ladies. My guild's biannual show is to be August 12, 13, 14 2010. We are aiming for 300 quilts which is probably optimistic but we can try. I promised the publicity chair that I would solicit entries from my cyber friends from all over the world. It would really be neat if you Canadians and Dugs were willing to enter something. I will post the entry forms as soon as they are available. A lot of the chairs of committees are a new bunch. I will just show up and be a worker bee this time. One of our board ladies won a ribbon and a beautiful basket of wonderful qulting goodies last time. Was it Mary in OR? Sara entered one as well and even attended. Do any of our European members still lurk? We haven't heard from Stripey Bear in quite a while. Anyway, anyone who is interested please let me know and I'll be sure to send you the appropriate information which will be available soon. The quilt may have been in the works since the dawn of time but finished in 2008 or more recently. It's time to get those UFO finished up. The guild is hoping to raise some serious cash for the top prizes at least but the goody baskets are wonderful.

You can contact me at jbrown1861 at hughes dot net of course substitute the usual at symbols and close the spaces.

Jane

3 Comments:

  • At October 17, 2009 at 10:58 PM , Blogger Shelli Fiorenza said...

    Jane,

    Where in NC will the show be held? My daughter and I have friends in Asheville and I think a trip in August to see our friends and stop at a show would be perfect!

     
  • At October 18, 2009 at 7:50 AM , Blogger Jane in NC said...

    SHELLI,

    The show is in Franklin which is about 1.5 hrs west/southwest of Asheville. For precise directions just give me a shout. I'm sure you DD's friends know where the town is. I live in Cullowhee which is 34 miles east of Franklin but over and around the mountains so it's an hour's drive.

    Jane

     
  • At October 19, 2009 at 9:57 PM , Blogger Jane in NC said...

    Shelli, see my post of tonight 10/19. I was afraid if I just edited the original post you had no reason to read it again. I hope you are planning to enter something as well.

    Jane

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home