WWQP Bulletin Board

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I'M QUILTING AGAIN

After a long time of thinking about it but not doing it, really since the accident 1.5 years ago, I am actually working several hours a day on a quilt project and having a wonderful time doing it. As you may recall my DD#2 was married in August and I had promised her a quilt. Well, I intend to make it for their first anniversary. It's a CA king size so it's a very large project. I've spent a fortune on batiks and am making a double Irish chain. I think, I hope, that it will be gorgeous. DSIL stated a preference for purple and she likes green. I'm planning now to have the purple blocks go diagonally from one side to the other and the green the opposite, but haven't got enough of them to start laying it out. I finally threw out the pricey block butler after two replacements from the makers. That stuff just doesn't cling to the wall as advertised; not over one night. I'll just use some cheap batting and tape it up. When I get a bit further down the road I'll test my planned layout and if I'm satisfied I'll post a picture. If I'm not satisfied I'll jump off a bridge.

Jane

6 Comments:

  • At October 28, 2009 at 12:22 PM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    Jumping off a bridge is a bit dramatic without getting permission from your friends on the WWQP BB first. :-)

    Show us a photo.

    Then wait for us to tell you if you should jump off a bridge. Promise??

    P.S. Welcome back to quilting. :-)

     
  • At October 28, 2009 at 12:42 PM , Blogger NancyH said...

    Glad to hear you're back to quilting again. I'm always kind of restless when I don't have a project going - it seems to soothe me to be working on something. And NO bridge-jumping, please!! Your colors and pattern sound like a perfect combination. NancyH

     
  • At October 28, 2009 at 7:03 PM , Blogger Jill from Portland said...

    So glad you are excited about your project Jane. I am starting to get excited about quilting too after too long away. I really never quilt in the summer & last winter I was working too much to get anything done. I'm looking forward to putting the pedal to the metal!! Jill

     
  • At October 29, 2009 at 11:12 AM , Blogger Mary in Oregon said...

    Good going, Jane! It must make your heart happy to be back at the sewing machine. :-)
    Mary in Oregon

     
  • At October 29, 2009 at 5:08 PM , Blogger Jane in NC said...

    Mary, you've got that right.

    Thanks for the support from Judy, Nancy, Jill and Mary. For a while yesterday I was ready to look for bridges. I'll try some different arrangements with the colors. Wish now I had just bought lots and lots of one fabric for each value of the many that combine the purple and green in a single print. While I have some I have a lot that don't mix the two so I'm less that thilled with the mixing of the blocks of different colors. Old too soon and all that. In low light or from the side the typical double Irish chain all over pattern is perfect but in daylight the differing colors distract. When I have more blocks I'll try other configurations.

    Jane

     
  • At October 30, 2009 at 12:44 PM , Blogger WhiteStone said...

    Your design idea sounds lovely. Hope you post a photo first chance.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home