WWQP Bulletin Board

Wednesday, July 23, 2008


Well, this Pink Quilt is ready to go to its new destination, just across the road. Does anyone here name her quilts? I do, and it is called "Rote Grütze", which is a north German speciality made from berries and jelly and is served with vanilla sauce. One of my quilting buddies saw the colors and said it looked like "Rote Grütze and Vanilla Sauce", as I have a few yellowish squares in it. It was fun to sew and quilt, took me about 6 hours to piece and maybe 12 hours to free motion quilt. I have quilted rose-like flowers in the center blocks and stippled the white and outer border.

6 Comments:

  • At July 23, 2008 at 9:14 AM , Blogger Kathi in Idaho said...

    Suzanne - what a lovely gift! I know your friend will truly appreciate it. You did a wonderful job on it.

    Kathi

     
  • At July 23, 2008 at 12:59 PM , Blogger Shelley: the Dread Pirate Rodgers said...

    I *really*, *really* like the little pieced blocks you've interspersed with the plain blocks. The pieced blocks have a huge visual impact and make the entire quilt much more interesting to look at!

    You've given this layout a big 'oomph'!

    Congratulations!

     
  • At July 23, 2008 at 8:22 PM , Blogger Jean in VT said...

    Oh, I love this quilt! The little pieced blocks remind me of crystal beads hanging down and catching the light. So pretty! Did you use a pattern, or improvise?

     
  • At July 24, 2008 at 4:32 PM , Blogger WhiteStone said...

    Yummy!

     
  • At July 28, 2008 at 10:21 PM , Blogger NancyH said...

    Me too - I love the little 4-patches and the star in the center. They really make it "sing". Great job! NancyH

     
  • At August 4, 2008 at 9:54 AM , Blogger Sternenquilter said...

    Thanks to all of you for your kind comments! The quilt was fun to make and made me think about the reason I made it. Jean in VT, I got the idea from the website www.sentimentalstitches.net - there is a plain square Quilt Pink on the site, and I thought I'd buzz it up with a few Four Patches etc., also to use up smaller scraps of favorite fabric. BTW, the quilt got a very warm welcome in its new home!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home