WWQP Bulletin Board

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Serger Instruction

I had cause to get out my seger today, along with the book, Sewing with Sergers, the Complete Handbook for Overlock Sewing by Gail Brown and Pati Palmer - Book 1. "Mono-filament" nylon is okay to use and the size recommended is 80. "...serger thread is slightly finer in size than conventional all-purpose thread." That is because 3 or 4 threads are used. I also noted that the book says most sergers are threaded from right to left, starting with the lower looper. Anytime one of my threads comes undone I make sure I re-thread the eyes of the loopers and the needles, at least, in this same right to left order. I can tell you I have had troubles until I have correctly done this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home