WWQP Bulletin Board

Thursday, July 17, 2008

I WON'T HIDE

my comments on the triple Irish chain. In a word, it's breath taking!! How I wish I could hand quilt even close to as well as you do. Please, oh please, plan to come to Grace's retreat and reserve some time there for a class. We can all bring muslin, batting, needles, thimble and a hoop. That's easy. Teaching us might not be so easy. I've been wanting to do an Irish chain. I have a ton of scraps and fat quarters to use up.

I set out to hand quilt the little wall hanging I made for my hand surgeon (also a quilt collector) and discovered that my most recent vision correction is as bad as I have been suspecting. Can't thread a "large eye" size 7 between even with one of those cheap wire threaders. The depth perception is just about nil. These are the most expensive glasses I've ever had and I've been unhappy with them for months. I am going back to good old Wal-Mart where I've had good service in the past and have another opinion. I hope the crappy correction can be replaced. Then only a small part of my hand quilting problem will be solved.

Jane in NC

2 Comments:

  • At July 17, 2008 at 5:25 PM , Blogger blocke Oregon said...

    Threading needles is a chore that I found two ways to manage. Buy a bunch of needles and have any sharp eyed person thread them all on your spool of thread, then pull one off as needed or the most sure fire way--get yourself one of those magnifying glass things that crafters and watchmakers have, put it on your head and thread away.

     
  • At July 18, 2008 at 7:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thanks for the tips. I've thought about getting some magnifying device to wear. My vision problem is due to astygmatism (sic?) so I'm not sure that just magnification would solve the problem. In the meantime, however, I'm not enjoying reading normal print. Even though I know what it says, it's out of shape and is furry around the edges. I'm sick to death of spending my days treking from one doc to another. I have to remind myself how lucky I am to be alive and ambulatory.

    Jane

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home