WWQP Bulletin Board

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Hope someone has a suggestion for this. I know I've read about different types of thimbles for those of us who prefer to hand quilt, but can't recall which ones were preferred. I'm working on my third quilt since Christmas with two more to go and my fingers are taking a real beating. Is there some sort of thimble that REALLY works and is thin enough not to be cumbersome? You can reach me at bgspain@hotmail.com Thanks for any help.
Ginny-still in FL

3 Comments:

  • At March 27, 2008 at 1:33 PM , Blogger Kathi in Idaho said...

    I have a Roxanne, but it is quite heavy. Do love it for HQ, though.\

    Kathi

     
  • At March 27, 2008 at 4:48 PM , Blogger WhiteStone said...

    I use the Roxanne thimble, too. Initially I had to "relearn" to stitch, but once I practiced for a couple hours, I had it down pat. This thimble is expensive but I love mine and much prefer it to other thimbles.
    I'm including a link and hope you can find it there. Or do a google for roxanne thimble and you'll find it.

    http://www.thatperfectstitch.com/products.html

    JudyPete

     
  • At March 28, 2008 at 7:07 AM , Blogger Lavinia said...

    There's a fairly lightweight thimble called My Favorite Thimble. It has an exterior sort of rubber (latex?) thin coating which helps secure the needle from slipping off the sides (if you quilt from the side). Rather than round, it is sort of oval shaped like the end of your finger (and that is the way it is worn, of course). Lavinia

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home