WWQP Bulletin Board

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Another Use For That Shirt Fabric

If you look closely you can see this fabric in my previous post. This is more like a twill than a simple woven cotton. We traded cars yesterday and I decided this would be a perfect pillowslip for the small pillow we keep in the back of the car. Pillowslips are simple to make. One large piece for the front. Two smaller pieces for the back. Hem one side of each of the back pieces. I like to make this an inch or more in size to lend strength to the overlap (the two hemmed sides overlap at the back of the pillow). I also like to use a bit of velcro to this overlap. One of the blouses that donated fabric to my stash had shoulder pads attached by velcro. Just the right length! A simple maneuver with the seam ripper and 'Voila!', I had velcro! Stitched that velcro to the overlap edges. Then placed front and back together, right sides of fabric to the inside, and stitched all the way around. Turn right side out. Then stitch one-half inch from edge. I figure a man's shirt will provide a manly fabric for the man of the house to snooze while it's my turn to drive.
JudyPete

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home