WWQP Bulletin Board

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

State quilt shop page also outdated

It's interesting that someone has now posted about the pattern page, I was going to ask about the quilt shop pages by state. In my tour of Texas shops this weekend, I ran across one that had been closed for 8 years! Good thing I didn't go there first as I would have been good and lost. I know there are several on the AR page that have also been closed for a few years now. But we also have at least one new one.

Going to the TX shops was a fun experience and I got so lucky/blessed on Saturday. At the first one, the clerk offered me a coupon that made my whole purchase only $3.00. She said they had extra ones from a recent quilt show so she thought I should use one, too. I was greeted at the next shop with friendly clerks telling me they were having an anniversary sale and everything in the store was 25% off. At the next one all fabric was 35% off if you bought at least one yard & they had a clearance table of books & patterns half off. I already told about the somewhat rude clerks at the shop going out of business on Friday, but at least all the remaining fabric was $2.00 a yard, patterns $3.00 and notions half price.

None of this would have happened without the internet!! I started with the WWQP for TX and the Dallas metro area. Then I used google maps to get directions and found several were on my route--meaning I didn't have to go out of my way for any of them. I never would have ventured out with only a store name and an address. Driving Dallas interstates takes all the concentration I can manage!! But we also lucked out on that, too. Fortunately at rush hour, the 80 mph drivers are forced to slow down to stop and start giving me plenty of time to get on and off where necessary. We did everything my ds wanted, and I got to do what I wanted, too--win-win for both of us.

This is non-quilty, but how's this for coincidence-- DS and I were coming home from the south, a 5 hour trip. We expected to be home in mid afternoon. DH was coming home from MN, an 11 hr trip. We expected him home around 6 tonight, after supper. We all ended up at the gas station at 4:00. It was so funny. I was pumping gas, ds washing windshield and DH walks up and asks if we are just getting home. Neither of us had been home yet.

And we're already back to normal. DH is long in bed and I just finished doing all the laundry. LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home