WWQP Bulletin Board

Saturday, April 28, 2007

quilts in kentucky

The quilts that I like aren't too fussy or busy when you look at them. Baltimore albums I rate the same way, less is more in my liking of them. Looking at the winners, I only really liked about four of the quilts, I loved the River of Life quilt.
I haven't sewed on the sewing machine lately, don't have the desire. I have a book called "Serendipity" coming and that will get the desire returned again, I am sure. I have been hand quilting on my two colored quilt however. The border is still being worked on.
The chilly weather seems to last longer this year however we did get some raking done. Got the outside wicker washed of the dust that was on them during the winter storage. Now ready to do some sitting outside. On Mother's Day weekend a local nursery has a sale and plan to go for more shade plants. Want to get some herb plants also. Since watching the Food channel, I have been using herbs more but only the dry kind so want to see how the fresh tastes.
Found a different quilt magazine called "Designers' Quarters" and looking at it, I saw that our own Sandi Irish once again is featured in a quilt magazine. She is getting her name out there, congradulations Sandi.
You all enjoy the day and blessing to all. LONNA IN WI

1 Comments:

  • At April 28, 2007 at 2:21 PM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    Lonna, your use of the words "too fussy or busy" really helped me understand why I was not delighted with what I saw at the AQS website. Those quilts that won prizes certainly are prime examples of fussiness and busy-ness .... with many of them there is no place for the eye to rest as it must bounce from hither to yon and back again. Give me the old days when Caryl Bryer Fallert won prizes with her glorious large sweeps of bold colors. :-)

    I know that these overloaded cluttered to a fare-thee-well and appliqued fussbudget works are a trend that will eventually go away. I wonder what the next trend will be?

    Judy

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home