WWQP Bulletin Board

Friday, April 27, 2007

For Jane and Others Re "Explosion of Colour" Challenge in 2008

Okay, BBers, here's a chance to "live dangerously"!! I wrote to the editor about the English quilt show's challenge and here's her reply:

Dear Judy,

Many thanks for your kind comments re: the magazine - makes all the hard
work worth the effort.

Entry form is in the mail to you - and in case you are itching to make a
start - the main rule is the the wallhanging must measure 24" x 24".

Kind regards

Emma


When a rule says 24" x 24" that's what it means but otherwise the technique is your choice. Thus if you are the local queen of applique or free motion work or fusing or foundation piecing or a Log Cabin maniac or excell at miniature work just pull out your colorful fabrics (whoops .... colourful fabrics) and create something that measures 24" x 24". How hard can that be?? I'll bet that it does not have to be totally original (you give credit to the source of your idea on your entry form) but it certainly will have to be colourful. And if your favorite color (colour!) is teal or purple or chartreuse well here's the chance to use up some of that part of your stash.

Once I get the entry form from Emma I will gladly make photocopies and share .... I'll post on here when it arrives so you can send me your snail mail addy. Air mail from England usually takes about ten to fourteen days.

Judy

2 Comments:

  • At April 27, 2007 at 2:32 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

    Judy:
    When you get the entry, I'd like to give it a go also.
    Sara in Fla.

     
  • At April 27, 2007 at 3:32 PM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    Sara, my email address is jacknox@earthlink.net so if you (or any other BBer reading this) want to send me your snail mail address I'll go ahead and fix up an envelope. I'll get myself organized to mail out a copy of the official entry form once I receive it. This theme seems so yummy ....

    I have a spam filter so please put something like WWQP BBer in your subject line so I can find your email.

    Judy

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home