WWQP Bulletin Board

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Paducah Winner Photos Are Online

Photos of the winning quilts from the 2007 American Quilter Society show in Paducah, Kentucky are online. You can go to http://www.americanquilter.com/ and there's a vivid blue "Winners" link to click on where you'll be presented with a long list for your clicking pleasure.

The biggie winners did not ring my chimes but then I have never been a fan of serious applique work. If they rang my doorbell and said "We are here to hang the top winning quilts on your living room wall" I would shut the door in their faces. LOL I can appreciate the dedication and weeks of work required to create these quilts that won the prizes but that doesn't mean I personally would give them a ribbon.

The one I would hang in my house doesn't exactly look like a quilt. Go to "Large Wall Quilts" .... then "Pieced" .... and look for the 2nd place winner called "Loose Curves" by Dianne S. Hire. Now that's what I call a clever wallhanging and I would love to make something like that for my home ... but first I would have to buy a sewing machine that does zig-zag stitches. :-)

Anyone else care to tell us what Paducah winner you would hang on a wall in your house?

Judy

3 Comments:

  • At April 29, 2007 at 11:24 AM , Blogger QM Judy said...

    I would never make one like it, but I love Hummingbird Heaven.

     
  • At April 29, 2007 at 5:50 PM , Blogger Jill from Portland said...

    I love the hummingbirds too, just
    gorgeous. But my choice would be
    "The usual Suspects" love the cats all dressed up!
    The "River of Life" took my breath away, they all did!
    I must go to one of these huge shows someday.
    I just am overwhelmed by the talent & the amount of love that goes into these beauties.

     
  • At May 3, 2007 at 9:50 AM , Blogger Brenda in Nn Ontario said...

    I don't know that I would hang any of them in my house as they tend to be a bit overwhelming. But Loose Curves took my breath away. I love colour and it sure has it. I admire Breeze and Look, Look, I See It because I just can't imagine being able to make something like that. Pearls from Grandma......someday, I will do one of those! I would love to see these quilts in person. I've been to one medium-smallish show and it was incredible.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home