WWQP Bulletin Board

Friday, March 30, 2007

Thanks everyone for your input

re: the bamboo denim --- Normally three washes is my limit, but since I have over $100 invested in 3 yds of this fabric, I was hoping to salvage it.

I do plan on telling the fabric store about this dye problem. I doubt they'll give me a refund on it, since it's an independent fabric store. They sold out the rest of the bolt the next day, from what I heard, to one customer. I feel sorry for the woman who bought the REST of the bolt!

There is no way the store owners could have known about this and they probably don't even remember who or where they bought it from. Next time I buy something made from a 'new' fiber, I think I'll only buy 1/2 yard and test it. Ugh!

I also need to learn to carry some white muslin scraps and rub expensive fabrics with it before I buy to check for crocking. Aaargh!

Thanks again for your responses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home