WWQP Bulletin Board

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Machine Applique & Fusible Stuff

I mostly use Heat n Bond Lite and occasionally Steam a Seam II for wallhangings . I prefer the H&B but do like the fact that S/S is bit more flexible for repositioning if I goof the first time after pressing...I usually get a second chance...There is also something out there called Misty Fuse, but you have to trace onto freezer paper first so I figure why not just use the H&Bond.

Maggie Meadow Mouse has introduced me to machine applique beyond just doing the satin stitch or itsy bitsy zigzag. For a look that is so close to hand applique try using the blind stitch hem feature of your sewing machine...with a little bit of practice you have a wonderful look. (After I figured out that I didn't have to use the blind stich foot it was easy!)....

Rosey you should contact her and ask about appliqueing this way using liteweight interfacing and even used dryer sheets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home