WWQP Bulletin Board

Thursday, March 29, 2007

question about dye fixatives

Help, please. I purchased a lovely denim fabric made of bamboo for a jacket. I've washed this stuff six times and the blue dye continues to run. It actually crocks off onto my hands and whatever rubs against it. I paid a small fortune for it and would really like to save it.

I've soaked it in cold water with vinegar and that didn't help.

Would I need Synthrapol or Retayne to set this dye? Or should I just burn this !@#$ fabric.

Thanks!
Doris W. in TN

2 Comments:

  • At March 29, 2007 at 2:23 PM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    Doris, I think you should try to get your money back. Six launderings is four too many. If it is still crocking it will probably crock forever.

    Judy

     
  • At March 29, 2007 at 6:07 PM , Blogger QM Judy said...

    Four times would be enough for me, too. But if it's not enough for you, Retayne "retains" the color. Helps it to not bleed.
    Synthrapol removes color that has been bled.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home