WWQP Bulletin Board

Sunday, February 4, 2007

Story from the looneybin

Hello Ladies; I am just now figuring out how to manage this posting process. It took me a while to figure it out. Things here at the looneybin have really been moving right along. The boys both moved out and Peter has gone to New Mexico to work with his brother Bud in the oil fields. I hope he does well out there. Charley moved out last weekend too, and I don't know whether to enjoy the empty nest or be sad. My baby is gone, but he left the snake and a rat that the snake won't eat. I think the snake made a buddy. Anyway mom is stuck with animal care for animals I just don't understand. The cat is still stealing my morning coffee and the dogs are still being dogs. Our big rottie girl that was so traumatized by being beaten before she came to us has really come out of her shell and gotten super protective of me. She bit a burglar wannabe on Friday last. He was trying to get in the house by way of the garage. I doubt he will try anything of that nature again. I finished the boy's dusters last week finally, and can truthfully say I will never willingly make that pattern again. The nice thing about Charley moving out is that he came over last Wednesday and cleared out his room and helped me clean it up really well, then he moved all my sewing stuff in there. I now have a sewing room with a set of bunk beds in it. I think that is wonderful myself. I love the fact that my sewing is all in the same room and I don't have to travel all over the house to sew. I still miss him though. It is really strange to go grocery shopping now for just me and the old guy. I only spent $100 this month for the essentials. Milk and eggs should also be less often required. I can't seem to wrap my mind around the fact that I only have to cook about a quarter recipe for me and him alone. Been cooking for teen boys too long I guess. My old refrigerator finally died the death and we had to go buy a new one yesterday. Needless to say I got white instead of avocado green. I thought that ugly thing would never die! But we did get another Kenmore. It is a long lasting brand. The sales man tried to sell me a Maytag and I did let him know about my 3 year old Maytag washer that is sitting broken down in the garage. Maytag does not stand behind their products and I will never have another. Well that is the end of this post as I really need to get off here and feed the old guy. Hugs and you all have a wonderful day. Terye Dawn at the looneybin that is way too quiet now the boys have all moved out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home