WWQP Bulletin Board

Thursday, February 1, 2007

First post

Hi Ladies, This is my first time posting, so I hope I am doing it correctly. I have been quilting off anf on for 15 yesrs. Started with going to a night class for 6 weeks. AND fell in love with it. made a pillow and then went on with hand piecing a queen size bed quilt. From then on I went to machine piecing and hand quilting. I have yet to try machine quilting. Oh well, maybe some day. I favorite item to make is wall hanging as they are easier to take along with me. I am working on a queen size quilt for one of 3 grand children, to be given to them when they get married. I have a few years befor that will happen as they are 5,7,and 9. The only problem is I just turned 65, and I'm not getting any younger. LOL The first one is almost finished, It weighs a ton, as I have so much hand stitching on it. Believe me, the next two will be a lot easier.

Thanks for letting me join your group, I am sure I will enjoy it

Barb

1 Comments:

  • At February 1, 2007 at 9:47 PM , Blogger Celia in NB said...

    Welcome Barb. A few of us here are in your age group too, me included. My doctor told me the other day that 65 today is the same as being 50 of yesteryear. I am quite happy to believe that! Nice to see you posting and don't forget to join in.
    Celia in NB. Canada

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home