WWQP Bulletin Board

Monday, February 26, 2007

Dresden plates

Hi! I just want to share an idea I had several years ago. I thought it would be nice to have a momento of quilts that I've made (only one of which I've kept myself), especially those I've sent overseas, etc. I collected fabrics from each quilt and made up 12 part Dresden plates. At last I have enough (16 blocks) to make something. I'm going to make a square tablecloth and put it on our 4 1/2 ft square dining table, then cover it with a glass table top. I'll also write on the back of each block who the original quilt was for and how that person is related or known to me, so that whoever it ends up with will know something of its history.
The purple and yellow unfinished block is using the fabric from the iris quilt I posted a few weeks ago.
Oh, another earlier idea was to make a teddy bear using leftover fabrics. I did 2 but then lost the urge LOL.
Am having trouble posting the pics - will do that separately.
Fran.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home