WWQP Bulletin Board

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Never Buy a "Beginner" Machine at a Discount Store

Someone posted this excellent information and video on another quilting forum.  The video is a dramatic eye-opener on why we should stop our younger friends and family members from ever purchasing an inexpensive "beginner" machine at a discount store.  Be sure and watch the video.

The man does not mention the idea that buying a vintage Singer is a good idea but then he is not in the market to sell those.  However, apparently he will fix them (look at the shelves behind him) and so I'll put in my 2¢ in favor of buying the "oldies but goodies".  LOL

Came across this today; good information. 
http://www.allbrands.com/categories/1141

1 Comments:

  • At September 4, 2012 at 9:40 AM , Blogger Mary in Oregon said...

    Very interesting, Judy! Thanks for sharing. It explains some of the issues I've had with a few of my machines. Never thought to look for a metal frame! I plan on checking all my machines this winter, get rid of ones with 'issues' and keep the ones that are solidly built.
    Mary in Oregon

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home