WWQP Bulletin Board

Friday, July 13, 2012

One less UFO

This is the finished (finally) product of a swap/challenge that Meredith in Calgary and I started in 2005.  Her challenge to me was to make a quilt of red and tan "wonky" stars.  We swapped many red and tan fabrics, and then I began the daunting task of doing a set of wonky stars.  After struggling with the very first one to the point of complete frustration, I decided that the challenge was met.  The result is that the label of the quilt (which is the first and only wonky block) reads "Left Brain, Right Brain, I Can't Do Wonky Stars."


The quilt will be the summer bed topper at our cabin.

Kathi

5 Comments:

  • At July 13, 2012 at 6:49 PM , Blogger WhiteStone said...

    Kathi, your wonky star quilt turned out lovely...even if you can't do wonky! lol

    I still have a couple UFOs I need to complete...one of these days.

     
  • At July 14, 2012 at 3:00 AM , Blogger Laura in IA said...

    Kathi,
    I get it. Even when I set out to do wonky, I find myself planning and designing as I go. I love the result of your work.

     
  • At July 14, 2012 at 11:36 AM , Blogger NancyH said...

    Love the color combo and the setting!

     
  • At July 15, 2012 at 11:34 AM , Blogger Jill from Portland said...

    Your quilt is lovely Kathi, love different lights together & really love that tiny inside flange or border.
    Thought of your bear quilt when I walked down that strip where it was hung at Sisters(there were no quilts hung there this year)
    I think the town is growing & there are more places to hang than ever. This year a Thunder storm hit at 3 PM & they had the quilts down in about 10 minutes!! The quilts were spectacular like always!

     
  • At July 15, 2012 at 10:10 PM , Blogger Kathi in Idaho said...

    Thanks so much for all your nice comments. Kathi

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home