WWQP Bulletin Board

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Almost there!

Just finished HQing the last block in a king size Tennessee Waltz quilt that I've been working on since 2002! That's when I cut it out and it probably took 6 months to piece it all, working in between other projects. Put it on a frame a few years ago for the quilting but just wasn't spending any time with it. So off the frame, into a hoop, with the bulk going into a big bag on the floor. I only have the border left and it should be relatively quick. Promised to son and DIL when they went overseas that it would be finished when they return - which will be in July. So I'm sort of on schedule??? Can't tell you how many other smaller quilts I've done in the meantime, but now all energy is going into finishing this one. NancyH

3 Comments:

  • At April 9, 2010 at 1:12 AM , Blogger Shelley: the Dread Pirate Rodgers said...

    *Hand quilting* a king sized quilt?? OH MY GOODNESS! You are absolutely too awesome for words! Your DS and DIL will be so thrilled to receive it. Congratulations and pat yourself on the back!

    (and what are you going to be doing now that you have *all that free time*? [grin])

     
  • At April 9, 2010 at 4:01 PM , Blogger NancyH said...

    I absolutely love hand quilting - for me, it's totally relaxing. It does take time, though. And when that's finished, I have about 4 smaller ones in line to quilt. Can't watch TV without the needle going! Thanks for your kind words.

     
  • At April 10, 2010 at 8:00 PM , Blogger Jill from Portland said...

    Nancy, wow, how exciting!
    Your my hero!
    Can you post a picture when you
    finish?
    We'd love to see it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home