WWQP Bulletin Board

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Pat Yourselves on the Back

Hi Everyone,
A year is ending, & I thought of an idea to get everyone to check in. The list of members looks pretty long, but only a few are posting and so far apart. So how about this thread--

Take this opportunity to pat yourself on the back by posting here what you accomplished this year in the world of quilting.
How many quilts did you START AND COMPLETE in 2009?
How many UFOs did you finish?
Did you clean/organize your sewing space instead?
What else did you do in the sewing world?

Here is my beginning post and hope to read the rest of you--at least 100 posts soon!!!!

1. I started and completed 2 personal quilts, both of which were gifts. One got a matching patchwork pillow. The other got a regular size matching pillowcase from the "roll up" pattern on line. I loved making that and how it turned out.

2. I started machine quilting a UFO from the first block swap I was ever in--from this board back in 1994. Didn't like some of my stitching, plan to remove and send it to a long arm!! I marked and sandwiched another UFO for the third time. Batting from you know where.

3. I sewed an Easter dress for myself--first apparel sewing since I started quilting over 20 yrs ago. Also made 3 pairs of lounge/pajama pants for my sons for Christmas. Given along with LLBean fleece slippers, they appeared to be much appreciated.

4. I was part of a 3 women team who made 15 quilts for charity in 2009.

OK YOUR TURN!!!
judy in ar

1 Comments:

  • At January 1, 2010 at 4:39 AM , Blogger Shelley: the Dread Pirate Rodgers said...

    OK, Judy, you asked for it. I looked through my notes on what I had done this past year and made the following list. I kid you not, all of these were done this past year.

    1. Disappearing 9-Patch for a client: pieced and quilted. queen sized.
    2. a large quilted throw pillow using a focus fabric for guidelines... maybe 20" square?
    3. Kyoto, a color-blocked, vaguely twin sized quilt made of 3" (finished size) square and larger rectangles
    4. a very large quilted throw pillow using the same layout as the Kyoto quilt
    5. a strip quilt, twin-sized, with appliqued cat and feathers
    6. large wall-hanging .. top pieced only (not quilted yet), as I (still) need to print some photos to applique. pattern: "The Journey" from Barb's Elegant Designs
    7. throw quilt, made from fussy cutting a floral print into squares, using "Wonderful 1-Fabric Quilts" pattern
    8. large throw: machine embroidered and pieced quilt. A companion quilted & machine embroidered throw pillow.
    9. large wall-hanging: memory quilt for a baby
    10. finished hand-piecing a twin-sized quilt: alternating columns of 4-patches on point and appliqued Celtic knots
    11. large wall-hanging: machine embroidered designs in inset windows for a heritage quilt.
    12. I-Spy quilt using Disappearing 9-patch layout: large toddler size, but not twin sized
    13. queen sized quilt: paper-pieced stars and snowball blocks.
    14. queen sized Double Wedding Ring.
    15. queen sized Triple Irish Chain with appliqued large butterflies in plain blocks
    16. body pillow from leftover Double Wedding Ring blocks, embellished with machine embroidery
    17. I-Spy quilt using Maple Island BQ layout: large toddler size but not twin sized
    18. I-Spy quilt using Terry Atkinson's "All About Me" layout
    19. extra long twin quilt using large scale focus fabric of Corvettes, using Colleen Granger's "Tranquality" pattern
    20. twin sized "cheater" quilt made from a block print table cloth from India
    21. very large fleece blanket, machine embroidered in one corner and bound like a quilt
    22. made a summer top with a machine embroidered front for myself
    23. made another summer top for myself with a machine emroidered neckband
    24. machine embroidered a vineyard design on husband's polo shirt
    25. started a new machine pieced and hand-appliqued top (still working on it .. it's my current "Forever Project")
    26. just finished machine piecing a BOM of many different sized star blocks but having started quilting it yet.


    Most can be seen at http://pir8.freeservers.com/quilting/ .. scroll down to 2009. Some I haven't gotten around to making a page for yet.


    My goodness, wasn't I busy? No wonder limited amounts of housework got done! :-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home