WWQP Bulletin Board

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Relay Quilt



The t-shirt quilt I made for the silent auction at Relay for Life is done and hanging at the library. I'll try to add a picture so you can see it. The ribbons have the names of 10 people from my town who have had an impact on my life. After losing my 53 yr old Aunt to breast cancer I needed to do something positive towards a cure and this quilt was the answer. I felt she was sitting on my shoulder the whole time encouraging me to finish and not give up.

The teal ribbon is for my neighbor and friend Marilyn Peters who taught kindergarten for 51 years here in our town. She was amazing and Ovarian cancer took her just a month after her diagnosis. She is missed!

Shelli

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home