WWQP Bulletin Board

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

quilt shows

I'd be interested in knowing when the Mankato show is. I will be in that part of the state for over a week in April--2 weekends, so there's a chance they could coincide. That would be a great thing for me to take my mom to.

Our guild is having a show in May, in celebration of our 25th anniversary as a guild. I don't have the dates right now & also don't know the cut off for entering quilts. But I will offer this. You have to put a limit on your judged quilts because a judge can only do about 50 in a day. We found this out last time & had to get a second judge for another 25. So you can say you will accept the first 50 who want to be judged or something similar. You can also put a limit on entries equal to the number of hangers you have. But really a quilt show is more interesting, the more quilts it has, even if they are draped over chairs. We did this at a show one time, too. Our guild has a rule that you can't enter a quilt that has been in a previous guild show.

The NW AR quilt show is the first weekend in April at the Springdale Convention Center. That was a great show last time. They alternate years, also. They gave away lots of door prizes and had some wonderful vendors from Eureka Springs. I'm so happy this is before I leave for MN!!! I'd hate to miss theirs more than our own.

Judy in AR

8 Comments:

  • At March 10, 2009 at 9:24 AM , Blogger Joleen in MN said...

    Mankato Show is April 17,18,19 according to their website but I thought somebody at the class last week said they hang the show on Friday - I'll do some checking and post more info later. Joleen

     
  • At March 10, 2009 at 11:40 AM , Blogger Linda, the Serial Quilter from Oxford, Ohio said...

    I don't know what the show is asking the quilt judges to do, but 25 quilts judged per day is not as many as I judge in a day. I judge up to 150 quilts in a day.

     
  • At March 11, 2009 at 12:41 PM , Blogger judy in ar said...

    Thank you Joleen. I'm getting to MN on the 17th. If you can some time, please post the location and maybe directions. I'm not familiar w/Mankato at all and both my mom & my aunt hate to drive there. But my aunt is a quilter so it could be a great day for the 3 of us--something I don't remember us ever having before.

    Judy

     
  • At March 11, 2009 at 3:18 PM , Blogger Joleen in MN said...

    Judy - I'll see what I can find out for you - there are probably flyers out also - if you send me your snail mail I can send you info also. My e-mail is gkoch@newulmtel.net

     
  • At March 12, 2009 at 6:31 AM , Blogger Lavinia said...

    Judy, would you happen to know if there is still a quilter there named Julie Goodman or Julie McGinnis? (Her name may have changed again by now). If so would you email me direct at tnquilter AT comcast DOT net please. Thanks.

     
  • At March 12, 2009 at 11:34 AM , Blogger judy in ar said...

    I am not familiar w/anybody by those names, only a Barbee Goodman. She quilts and makes soaps and is a real sweet lady.

     
  • At March 12, 2009 at 11:34 AM , Blogger judy in ar said...

    I am not familiar w/anybody by those names, only a Barbee Goodman. She quilts and makes soaps and is a real sweet lady.

     
  • At April 5, 2009 at 2:38 PM , Anonymous MariB in WI said...

    I agree with Linda in Ohio. I judge up to 150 quilt per day. What other duties are they asking for that she can only do 25 in one day?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home