WWQP Bulletin Board

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Thanks for help==TripX2

Thanks for your answer about how to join the blocks. I couldn't imagine trying to sew block to block all the squares of the outer edges. I did get that you pin, then sew, then trim. Makes sense. So each block appears to be made up of squares, but when completed, the outer row looks like it's made of triangles. Right?

No, I'm not making this quilt, but have seen pictures and always admired them. But didn't "get" how to join blocks. Could just see laying out something like 150 squares in a diagonal row for the center and then "building'' like puzzle pieces all over the floor, and then trying to sew together in proper order! With your instructions for joining blocks, I might be able to handle it.

Have done several Trip Around the World Q's with 3 or 4" blocks, set straight. Then last winter made one with 1 1/2" (finished) squares, set on point. Pastel to med. colors. It's a whole different appearance with small squares, set like "diamonds" as opposed to big squares, straight.

Harriet

1 Comments:

  • At March 9, 2009 at 8:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Glad to hear you've had the "fun" of doing the trip. I love the way they come out. I think I'll just keep making the squares every once in a while.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home