WWQP Bulletin Board

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Help!

What causes an on-point setting to pull at the corners? I've been working all evening on a small lap quilt and can't get it to lie flat. I've done this setting many times before and never had this problem. I've taken out all the setting triangles and recut new ones, the same for the corner triangles. The sizes are correct for my block size. It seams that the corner sections (last block with 3 triangles around it) want to pull. Any suggestions before I pull all my hair out along with the stitches?? Thanks so much! (Oh, and my iron quit today as well). NancyH

3 Comments:

  • At March 26, 2009 at 10:30 AM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    If you insist that all of the triangles are the correct size then logic tells me that the block you are attaching them to must be wrong.

     
  • At March 26, 2009 at 11:34 AM , Blogger judy in ar said...

    Judy in Ohio's comment is exactly what I was also thinking.

     
  • At March 26, 2009 at 12:39 PM , Blogger NancyH said...

    Hmmm - I had to switch machines mid-quilt, maybe that had something to do with it. My seam allowances all look correct though. I'm now ripping out all the setting triangles and will recut them to a bigger size. (Besides the iron going out, my regular machine started breaking thread so switched to my trusty Featherweight util I can figure out what's wrong.)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home