WWQP Bulletin Board

Friday, January 9, 2009

another request....


While staying with my DD and family for Christmas we were put in the bedroom where this quilt hangs. I made it at least twenty years ago . I so enjoyed looking at it that I now want to make it again.. Naturally (!) I no longer have the pattern having generously (and foolishly) handed it on, many years ago.. If anybody has it and is willing to trade or sell it to me, I would be so grateful. When I made it I had no such thing as a fabric "stash" , most of the fabrics were left-overs from dress making. Imagine the fun I could have now ! Some of the blocks are delightful . I particularly like the top left hand corner one . The clown has such a wistful look and his dog is really cute.
Hope the New Year has started well for everybody. It's been very hot here in NZ. Yesterday the temp climbed to nearly 40deg. The highest recorded for over 100yrs.. Not a lot done here in that sort of weather. Slightly cooler today so I have been a little bit more productive !
Best wishes to all.
Marion.

7 Comments:

  • At January 9, 2009 at 10:18 PM , Blogger WhiteStone said...

    Oh, that is indeed a darling quilt. If you do not come up with a pattern, how about using a copy machine to copy each block. You've been quilting a long time and I betcha you could improvise from there.

     
  • At January 10, 2009 at 12:16 PM , Blogger lonna in wi said...

    That quilt is absolutely darling and for a baby's room, an excellent quit for the wall. I agree with Whitestone that you could copy it yourself. Or if there is a clown coloring book to be found, use that for a pattern. Lonna in Wi

     
  • At January 10, 2009 at 3:15 PM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

    Yes, that's cartainly a possibility. The quilt is in my daughter's home and we don't visit often (it's along way away !) Next time we are up there I will do as you suggest. Thank you for your interest and help.
    Marion.

     
  • At January 10, 2009 at 3:53 PM , Blogger Judy in Ohio said...

    Marion, take your own digital photo to the local copy shop and ask them to make you a copy that is blown up 200%. And then have them blow that enlargement up again by 200%. (You will be surprised at how huge it will become.) Then you might have your own pattern to trace from the enlarged photo of the enlarged photo ... or good enough that you can "wing it" as we say here in the USA.

    Or perhaps the copy shop person will suggest a different percentage for enlargement ... the copy machines are so capable these days and the people who operate them are smarter than I am. It would cost less than $5.00 US to have that done here in Ohio so it would be worth it to get a pattern IMHO.

    Judy

     
  • At January 11, 2009 at 1:58 AM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

    Thanks, Judy. I hadn't thought of that. Next time I am staying with the family I will take a few more photos and take some measurements. From memory I think the clowns limbs and body were the same for each block (just positioned differently) so I probably would only need to photograph one block and go from there !
    Isn't it good to bounce off ideas with quilting friends ? Thank you all so much for your imput.

    Marion.

     
  • At January 11, 2009 at 1:23 PM , Blogger dutchrose said...

    if you want the pattern before your next visit, your daughter could always take it to a copy place and then mail you the copies. ditto as far as a picture of just one block.
    dutchrose ---{-@

     
  • At January 11, 2009 at 2:50 PM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

    You are right Dutchrose, but my daughter is the mother of three (see photo on the chat page !) and has a full time job, so has little time for running around. There is no hurry for this project. It's just that it took my fancy when I enjoyed it in the room that we were sleeping in over Christmas. I'll go armed with my camera and take some detailed phots on my next visit.

    Marion.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home