WWQP Bulletin Board

Thursday, December 11, 2008

SPACE BAGS

Laura, I would not just recommend but warn you in strongest terms to avoid plastic to store any quilt or quilt makings. I assume, unless someon tells me that using open plastic containers are okay. I think we all use them for our stash. I too use cottom pillowcases. Be sure to wash them first to remove the possibility of some artificial substance added that might also be a threat to fibers.

I want to add that my one package of space bags, at least three or four bags, all leaked air the very first time I used them and subsequent efforts were squelched by closures that broke while attempting the second effort. Frankly; pieces of, you'll pardon the expression, crap.

Jane in cloudy and blessedly wet NC

1 Comments:

  • At December 15, 2008 at 8:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sorry your experience in using Space Bags have been so bad. I've used them for years in packing for trips by air...they really reduce the bulk in the luggage.
    I don't condone them for quilts either but wanted to say that they really do work for other things.
    Bev
    ST Louis

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home