WWQP Bulletin Board

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Husband's Dear Jane (T) Completed


Hello,
About two months ago I asked for help in finding a fabric for the binding.I ended up using one in my stash that I think Raeann (a long time member of this board)had given to me three to four years ago.
I just wanted to report that at 11:08pm eastern time last night,I made the last stitch in the quilt.It is finished. BIG TIME SNOOPY DANCE HERE! We slept under it last night for the first and probably only time. I am so glad to be finished with it.
I have taken some pictures and plan to post them in an album on Webshots. WhenI get that all worked up I'll post a link for those that wish to view them.
During my time here on the board(since 1999)I have made several good friends, been able to make great and useful trades, and I have learned a lot of useful tips, etc. I haven't been able to post a lot and it has been much less in the last 2-3 years. I just wanted to thank everyone that has in any way helped me.
Have a Merry Christmas.

Sandra from SC

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • At December 13, 2008 at 10:12 PM , Blogger WhiteStone said...

    While I would never attempt a DJ quilt, I surely do have great admiration for those of you who do! Would love to see a full photo.

     
  • At December 14, 2008 at 8:45 AM , Blogger Joleen in MN said...

    I agree-- would love to see a full photo of your DJ. The quilting is gorgeous. My favorite quilt shop is going to offer a DJ class starting in January - it will be a 24 month class with 6 or so blocks a month. I'm considering it - seeing your DJ this morning may be an omen...Joleen in MN

     
  • At December 14, 2008 at 5:14 PM , Blogger Lightning57~ Sandra from SC said...

    Thanks for the nice comments. I don't know what happened to the picture. It should show up much clearer than that. It wish you the best Joleen in your journey with Jane. As soon as I can get the pictures loaded I will post a link to my album. There are other quilts there as well that you will be able to view. It will probably be after Christmas.

    Sandra from SC

     
  • At December 14, 2008 at 11:13 PM , Blogger NancyH said...

    Wow, Sandra! Just the little bit you posted is beautiful. What a great way to celebrate - by sleeping under it! Wonderful work - congratulations. NancyH

     
  • At December 15, 2008 at 8:59 AM , Blogger Brenda in Nn Ontario said...

    Sandra, that is beautiful. You have my admiration for the qualtiy of your work and for your courage in tackling such a big job.
    Brenda in Nn Ontario

     
  • At December 17, 2008 at 5:54 PM , Blogger Kathi in Idaho said...

    Even more impressive about Sandra's quilt is that this isn't her first one. I managed to get about eight or so blocks finished when I tried one, so I have a great deal of admiration for someone who can finish one, let alone more than one!

    Kathi in Idaho

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home